Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Another trip around the sun

Nothing beats a South Carolina sunrise

As I've gotten older, having a birthday means something different than it did when I was growing up. After I hit all the major milestones, I didn't know what else I could look forward to really as crazy as that may sound. Once I had kids the importance of birthday's shifted back to them because I wanted to give them the same kind of memories I had as a child. Regardless I made a promise to myself that I would always take my birthday off from work and make it a day about what I want to do.  This year was no exception. 

This past Monday was my birthday and I got up to take my Orangetheory class at 5:15am. When I was driving back home I made the split decision to stop at the beach and watch the sun rise.  I don't take it for granted for one second where I live. So much peace. As I sat there drinking my coffee and reflecting on the past year, cliche I know, I started thinking to this next year and all that I hope to accomplish. Namely what I am trying to accomplish with this blog in particular. Then it dawned on me. This! This, right where I am, this sense of peace, this happy place, this is what I want you to get from my blog. Life is complicated, and chaotic, and sometimes we have a hand in making things worse than they have to be. I want you to realize that organization is more than just cleaning out a closet or a drawer. Organization is better utilizing your time, your space, pretty much every aspect of your life. Make things simple. Find your happy place. We get so caught up in a world where more is better that we lose sight of the things that mean the most.  Or we make the excuse that we just don't have the time to get organized, but if you sit down and have the honest conversation with yourself, you probably have more time that you think.

I love asking others what areas of lives do they need the most help with, because I know that there's probably another person who may be thinking the same thing.  It doesn't matter if you're married, single, with kids, without kids, working, or staying at home, we all have something where we've thrown up the little white flag asking for mercy, or our hands in frustration. Hopefully I can give you the confidence and the tools that ANYONE can become better organized. Sure I get some sick enjoyment out of it (this is what my friends tell me), but when you break it down, organization really is manageable and maintainable. I also want this to be a safe place to exchange ideas. 

I just want to leave you with this... We're not promised that trip around the sun and too many times we see that trip cut short. Let's help each other make the best of those days and the journey more manageable. One organization and DIY project at a time. 







No comments:

Post a Comment